Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Monday, May 19, 2014
I have been basil-happy these days because I am proud of my little plant I am growing so I have made many different forms of caprese in the past couple weeks. I found this recipe for Strawberry Balsamic Chicken on Pinterest and decided to make a few tweaks.


1. Marinate the chicken in balsamic vinegar for as long or as short as you like. 

2. Make a strawberry bruschetta. I added some minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil to my recipe in addition to diced strawberries, fresh mozzarella and basil. 

3. Salt and pepper the chicken and (I added this part) throw it on the BBQ. I really love grilled meat in the summer (especially when it is hot as blazes in my kitchen with the oven on.) I took a pastry brush and brushed the extra balsamic on the chicken several times during the cooking process.

4. Make a balsamic reduction. AKA boil it until it is thicker and half the volume. 

5. Top chicken with bruschetta and drizzle with reduction.

I didn't really use amounts or measurements because when cooking for two I am always having to cut down the recipe so I often just adjust from the original recipe. 

In family news, Scotty is just like his mom and loves food. His recent love is feeding himself with this awesome munchkin feeder. It is the best. Mesh bag=no choking=happy mama. Plastic ring=self-feeding=happy baby. Yes. I like to put banana, strawberries, avocado, really anything soft enough for his little gums to handle. 
Find it here
Awesome baby stuff FTW!



I know you all love watching my messy baby eat. I just think it is pretty cute.
HAPPY MONDAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment