Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
With Spring/Summer in the air, it has been so fun to see what pops up in our yard. Since we bought the house in the winter, we had no clue what was previously planted. We have discovered an awesome grapevine, a loaded cherry tree and a hybrid apple tree that grows 4 different varieties of apples! We also have some beautiful mature trees and bulbs that add color to our yard. While we are super excited about all this stuff, we are a bit overwhelmed. We have a pretty unruly backyard and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed to say the least. I started two raised garden boxes (not pretty) loaded with veggies that I am really excited about.


 I share these (slightly embarrassing) photos with you to get your advice. I'm really excited about gardening but pretty much know nothing about it. We have kind of an ugly chain link fence that I feel like I want to mask. So what do I do?! Gardeners of the world, help a sister out.

Here are my veggie boxes. AKA free. My uncle had some old cinder blocks so I made use of them. I planted lots of veggies and I get so excited when I see a new sprout pop up! I started most of those plants from seed. Probably won't do that again, but it was a good experience. :o)

And what's for dinner?
Grilled fish tacos. LOVE.
Here's what I did:
1. Rub hake loins with taco seasoning. (I got frozen ones from Costco. Could use halibut, tilapia, whatever you have.)
2. Make mango-avocado salsa: mango, avo, red onion, cilantro, tomato, apple cider vinegar, pinch of sugar, lotsa lime, S&P.
3. Mix salsa with sour cream for sauce.
4. Grill fish turning only once.
5. Assemble tacos on corn tortillas: fish, salsa, red cabbage, sauce. YUM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment