Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Well, it is my hubby's birthday today, and it seems that on birthdays and holidays I always get to thinking about all that we have been through together. And then I realized that I really don't think I have ever blogged our story before. I think today is the perfect day to write about Jer since his birth is one of the best things that ever happened to me :o).


Rewind 8 years to Heritage Halls and BYU, 2 days before fall semester was to start. We had a mutual friend that I had met at BYU Summer Dance Camp and Jer went to high school with. She knew we were meant to be. I remember what I was wearing: Camo t-shirt (totally in at the time). Jer was wearing: FOL T-shirt. We hugged and I gave him a little extra squeeze, as was my M.O. at the time (so embarrassed.) I think I startled him a bit. But boy was he dreeeaaaamy. 

Two days later we went to see Cars at the dollar theater and he turned to me and said, "Can you hold this?" I looked down and he was holding out his hand. I definitely rolled my eyes, but promptly took his hand. That same night, he kissed me on my doorstep. 

From that moment on, we were inseparable. We became best friends. He was such a gentleman, like no one I had ever encountered in Santa Barbara. We had so much fun together, constantly laughing. 

When spring came, we decided we were in love. Jer had his mission call to Taiwan and while he was beyond excited to go, we were both wondering how things would pan out in our future. I admit that I had already imagined marrying Jer, of course I imagined our kids, I thought about a future with him and I knew that I would be happy. 

Jer asked me to "wait and date." We wrote each other almost every week with the exception of a few lost letters on their way to the mainland. While I dated a lot and had a blast, no one I met could quite match up to Jer Bear. I look back and still can't believe we survived those two years, it was a long haul. 

In July 2009, we finally reunited by chance at a car mechanic shop. We were planning to meet later that day but as I was gassing up my car across the street, I saw him. It was pretty much like a movie. :o)

We got engaged that November.


And on July 13th, 2010 (almost exactly one year after his return from his mission) we got married in the Los Angeles temple. 


9 months of dating, 2 year mission, 4 months of dating and an 8 month engagement and we were finally MARRIED! That was THE perfect day. Literally nothing went wrong. 

We rented our first apartment.

Traveled to Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Nauvoo, and Hawaii together. 

Jer had knee surgery.

We went broke.

We got un-broke. 

We saw a LOT of movies.

Jer had knee surgery again.

We graduated from college.

We went to Disneyland.

We made some of the best friends.

Jer hurt his knee again.

We played LOTS of board games.

We bought a house.

And then, we had Scotty...


If you read my birth story, you know that our experience was less than easy. Never have I seen someone so attentive, loving and selfless as I saw Jeremy when his son was born. The most amazing part was his ability to care for both Scotty and I with equal love and concern at a time when others could have gotten emotionally overwhelmed. 

From the moment I met Jeremy I knew he was special. I mean that. I remember telling my mom that when I first met him. He was exceptional, and I knew he would not disappoint as a husband and especially as a father. And he hasn't. He has exceeded my expectations and continues to be that special boy (man) I met 8 years ago. I'm so grateful he was born and that he chose me to be his best friend forever! 

P.S. Does this count for Father's Day too? ;o)

Happy Birthday Jer Bearest!




0 comments:

Post a Comment