Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Friday, May 23, 2014
I always planned to just buy the pre-made baby food at the store. I'm all about easy around here. But when I noticed how much my child eats and how dang expensive that baby food is, I decided to try making it. I got lots of advice from my friend Brittany who also has a baby about Scotty's age and exclusively makes her own baby food. Enter two of my best friends these days:

 Munchkin Steamer and Chopper here.
And Blendtec here.

I went to Sprouts yesterday (on Thursdays students and teachers get 10% off!) and stocked up on fruits and veggies. 

I experimented with two different kinds:

Green beans with avocado and applesauce
and
Peach-Blueberry

I decided to try green beans and peaches homemade because so far Scotty isn't digging those two in the store-bought version. 

I chopped and steamed the green beans in the chopper and steamer (you just pop it in the microwave, so easy!), threw them, some avo and applesauce (for texture and flavor) in the blendtec on "smoothie" and let er rip! It was quick and easy and Scotty really liked it!

When I steamed the peaches and blueberries (peels and all) they smelled like pie! I tasted it and definitely gave it the thumbs up. P.S. I haven't had the guts to try ANY of Scotty's store-bought food. That's bad, right?

I got the covered ice-cube tray tip from Brittany. It's perfect because they have silicone bottoms and then you can pop the cubes out, throw them in a baggy and save them for later use! I'm excited to try some more recipes!

And I know I have posted this meal before but it is just too good not to share. It's one of my favorite quick dinners. 
BLEAT Sandwich.
Aka, Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Avo and Tomato. We do a BLT with avocado and a fried egg. YUM. One of my favorite parts is the paper plate. ;o) No one likes to do dishes. Maybe I should blend this one up for Scotty? haha

Happy Friday and Long Weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment