Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Remember that part of my blog where I'm supposed to cook and craft? Well I've been doing a lot of cleaning, and moving and baby-ing. So I'm just going to keep going with this mushy stuff, ok?

I have two sisters. It was my brother and then us 3 girls right in a row. All 3 of us live in Utah which is a dream come true. My mom visits at least once a month these days (can you say Grandma?!) and the 4 of us are best friends. Really.


We even match without trying! (haha)

One of my favorite things to do with my mom is shop. We have always loved shopping together. On her last visit to Utah we went to TJ Maxx to get sippy cups and of course spent $100. Most expensive sippy cup I ever bought. I saw these shoes:


Find them here.

And immediately thought of my sister, Anna. I told my mom we should get them for her. There was only one pair left and they were in my size. (We are about a half-size different but when it is the perfect shoe, what is a half size, am I right?) I realized I really liked them too and tried to find another pair, I had seen a bigger pair earlier and went back to find them being tried on and carried off by another lady! Grrrr. So I chose a different pair in Anna's size and decided to let her pick and I would keep the one she didn't choose.

Anna picked the above shoes. I really did like both pairs so I was OK with it.

Later I told my sister Katie the whole story and how it was a bummer that we couldn't both get the green shoes. 

The next day, my mom, Katie and I went to a movie together. When I got in the car, my mom had the beautiful green flats waiting for me. My sister had relayed my disappointment to my mom, those two sweeties had gone to the TJ Maxx in Sugarhouse, scouted out my size and got me the shoes I had wanted!

As I thought about this small but very sweet gesture, I realized that Mother's Day celebrates the motherly love in all of us. Whether it is past, present or future. I'm so grateful for my sweet loving mother and the example she is to me each and every day of what a wonderful mother should be. And for my beautiful sisters who emulate that motherly love even though they don't yet have children of their own. 

2 comments: