Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Well, not sure if you care but I thought I'd give you all an update on the Meltdown Challenge I joined. The first week was a joke. Whoops. I did exercise more but the eating thing was not the best. This week I began with a renewed determination to eat right and feel better.

Making the effort to cook and prepare meals has really helped. Here are a couple of the things I have been making:

 Tonight I kind of made up a recipe that I actually really liked. I made a little caprese-type salad without the mozzarella: cherry tomatoes (halved), fresh basil (I grew from seed!), garlic, olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. I then grilled halved chicken breasts with just some S and P on each side. I made a yummy sauce with lemon, chicken stock, garlic, a little bit of cream, salt and pepper. Dump all that on top of some fettuccine and it was really pretty tasty!
I have been making this salad for lunch these days and I am loving it:
-Romaine
-Cherry tomatoes
-Avocado
-Green onions
-Cucumber
-Feta cheese
-Bacon bits
-Sliced chicken breast
-Kraft restaurant style Italian dressing
SO GOOD!

Something I have been working on, is waiting a few minutes after I have a craving for sweets. If I wait about 15 minutes, drink some water and then still have the craving, I will eat a little treat, but very often, I totally forget about the craving and don't end up eating a treat. 

Sis and I have been running and planking 3x/wk and gradually working our way up in endurance. I am trying to go to Zumba the other two days when I can. 

I am also doing My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I eat, it keeps me accountable and reminds me of how many calories certain things are. The most awesome cheat I have found is that when you add to your food diary, you can enter in breastfeeding and it will credit you the calories that you burn nursing (since nursing mamas need to eat more calories each day.)

As a new and still-nursing mama I'm trying my best to lose weight and get healthier without losing my milk supply. So far it is working well! I am now down 2.5 lbs after only 9 days! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment