Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Sometimes we have a baby and buy a house in the same week, and then we remodel the house for the next 5 months.

That leaves me with 23970698357 ideas to blog about and I end up always blogging about my baby. But here goes anyway...

I check on my baby several times at night after he has gone to bed. Yes, I'm THAT mom.

Tonight, while checking on him, I placed my hand on his chest and immediately felt his little heart beating beneath my hand. For some reason, I haven't felt his little heart beat before.

As a sat there for a second I immediately thought of just a few months ago when he and I shared the same crowded space, and every week or two, I anticipated hearing that sweet little thump thump through my giant belly.  I would heave a sigh of relief every time knowing all was well.

And for the VERY first time, I remembered the sweetness of being pregnant with my little Scotty. I knew his name before he was even "a twinkle in my eye". From the day I found out I was pregnant with him I wondered each day what he would look like, if he would have his daddy's laugh or my stubborn nature.

It's insane how just a few months ago I didn't know these things about my baby and now, I can pick out his little voice in a room full of babies and I couldn't forget that sweet face in a million years.

I know his heartbeat like it is my own, and he knows mine too.

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment