Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Friday, April 25, 2014
This is, by far, my favorite part of the nursery. Who says you have to save the best for last? I knew from the get-go that I wanted a reading corner for Scotty. I have seen lots of different kinds of reading corners with lots of great ideas. I think every kid needs a cozy little place to have some quiet time. I also think it is important to emphasize the value of books and reading to children, especially in this day and age. Here are the pictures of "Scotty's Library" as my dad would call it. :o)



My friend Alison came over and helped me put this together, she is such a gem. I would not have gotten it done without her motivation and help. It really didn't take too long for us to put it together, just a little longer than normal with a busy 1-year-old and a needy 5-month-old.

Details:
-Shelves: The room is too small for an actual bookcase so I went with "Picture Ledges" from Ikea. Go here to see them online. They have two lengths so I broke it up with two smaller ones on the second row. I didn't want the shelves to be too low but low enough so that when S gets a little older he can pick a book off the shelf.
-Figurines: Alice Lane c/o my mom.
-Pouf: Target here.
-Chair: Repurposed from my Grandma. It is a wooden kids chair that was pink. I just got some spray paint at Hobby Lobby and sprayed it yellow! I'm really happy with how it turned out.
-Books: We got lots of classics at our baby showers, and we will continue to collect more. I love that with the picture ledges you can overlap the books but still show off the covers.
-Letters: I got little wooden letters at Michaels Crafts and painted them yellow with acrylic paint. I was debating between "BOOKS" and "READ." I think both are cute.

I love the location of the reading corner because it is tucked away and cozy. I can totally see S and Jer snuggling up with a book before bedtime. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment