Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Monday, April 7, 2014
As a teenager, I was the girl who would spend her Saturdays hanging out at the MAC counter at Nordstrom, or buying eyeshadows at Urban Decay. I would NEVER have ventured into the land of drug-store make-up.

Now that I'm a little bit older and a little bit poorer, I have had to find a way to pay less for make up that is just as good.

Believe me when I tell you that I have tried a LOT of different products. And to be honest, a lot of the "cheaper" brands really are cheap (aka you get what you pay for). But through lots of trial and error, I have found some stuff that is very inexpensive and still does the job. Here are my favorite make up picks that compare to some of the highest end brands around (at a fraction of the price):


Starting from left and going top to bottom:

1. e.l.f Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in "California" ($10) I have tried lots of e.l.f's stuff. It is extremely inexpensive and some of it I can do without, but this palette is literally all I need in the way of eyeshadow. I L.O.V.E. it and love the neutral colors that can all be paired together. I compare these shadows to the Urban Decay shadows that retail for $16 a pop and you get 10 colors for $10. 

2. e.l.f. Mineral Foundation SPF 15 ($5) I have used lots of different powders and foundations. The ones I have really loved were Bare Minerals and Mary Kay. After trying this out, I will say it is absolutely spot on, just as good as both of those brands. It is light on my face but still evens out my skin tone while providing me protection from the sun. And come on, $5?!

3. e.l.f. Studio Baked Blush in "Peachy Cheeky" ($3) Seriously, I'm not kidding with these prices. This blush compares to MAC or Benefit blush which both retail for close to $20 a pop. I love the shimmer and pigment this blush gives to my cheeks and you really don't have to load it on, a little goes a long way. 

4. e.l.f. Studio Eye Primer and Liner Sealer ($3) I'm really picky about my eyeshadows and how the pigment shows and evens out on my eyelids. I have always had a MAC cream base that I would put over my lid before applying my shadow which would retail for about $16. I have tried 3 or 4 different primers from e.l.f. and this one is by far the best. I don't even use the liner sealer but I'm sure that's good too. 

5. Maybelline Volum Express "The Falsies" Mascara ($5) I literally just tried this mascara for the first time this week and I may very well be converted. I NEVER used to stray from my Maybelline Define-a-Lash for at least 5 years which retailed for about $8, until they were out of it at Target! Dun dun dun, enter this beaut of a mascara which has an awesomely flexible wand and even application making my lashes look lovely! My favorite part is the price! 

These 5 little things fit in a small make-up bag that I can take with me wherever and it is all I need to put on my "face" for the day. What's more, it takes me less than 10 minutes to apply.

You can get all of these products at Target! I usually buy my e.l.f online though because they ALWAYS have sales. So, if you can believe it, I generally get 50% off those prices I listed up there! I know, I know, stop reading and get shopping!

Go Here to join e.l.f.'s email list so you will be in-the-know about sales!



0 comments:

Post a Comment