Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Hello again! I feel like I have to get re-acquainted with blogging since it has been so long! I have been wanting to try this recipe forever and I was feeling particularly domestic today, so I did!

Zucchini Boats


I got the recipe from the "Our Best Bites" cookbook. Click Here for a link to the recipe.
(The only alterations I made were omitting the bread crumbs, and using ground beef with Italian sausage seasoning instead of Italian sausage.)

I looooved this dinner because it was almost all straight from my garden: zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil. It tasted so fresh and delicious. 

ALSO this recipe is cooked mainly on the grill which means no hot kitchen for me! Yay! 

 I have also tried a number of zucchini recipes that need to be shared. There were some winners and some losers but here are the winners!


Zucchini Muffins with Streusel ToppingHERE
Glazed Lemon Zucchini BreadHERE
Zucchini Brownies: HERE (turned out more like a cake but still yummy!)

I've done a few crafts/diy projects I'm pretty excited to blog about so stay tuned for those. 

And if you want an update on our lives, go ahead and keep reading. :o)

Jer has been waiting and waiting for football season to arrive and it finally has! We kicked it off by having some friends over to watch the first game. The kids had lots of fun playing together. They were too cute in their BYU gear, 
 I FINALLY went out and pruned my tomatoes and zucchini plants. I found a lot of little tomatoes hiding in that forest of plants. I also found a gigantic zucchini that I didn't realize was there and had gotten huge!
 Scotty had his 9 month check-up and is growing and growing! 29.5 inches tall and about 18 lbs. These are his towels we used when he was a newborn. Guess its time to upgrade! This kid grows like a weed!
 Scotty finally got to meet his 3rd cousin, Ashton! (My cousin's, daughter's baby :o)) It was so fun and they were so cute together. I only wish we could've had more time for them to play. 
Scotty decided he was ready to eat a peach like a big boy. I had already cut one up for him to eat in his high chair. After he was done eating and out of his chair, he grabbed another one on his own and ate the entire thing, and another one after that! (If you lost count that's 3 peaches in a sitting!) I finally stuck him in the bath to eat them because the juice was getting everywhere. 

I started teaching again this week and it has been great. Scotty loves spending time with his aunties and I really enjoy doing something I love for an hour a day. It is interesting, I feel much more motivated to be productive when I have places I need to go each day. It gets me up, to the gym and ready for the day much earlier than I would be if I didn't have anything on the schedule. 

Jer is still working hard at AC as a manager in the sourcing department. He works long hours and it gets pretty exhausting for the whole family at times but he is getting valuable experience and enjoys the people he works with. 

And that's our life in a nutshell! I'm hoping that with this new motivation for productivity that I will be blogging more regularly. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment