Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Monday, September 22, 2014
I am growing green bell peppers in my garden and have been wanting to make stuffed peppers forever. I kept finding different recipes that had elements that I like but not an entire recipe that fit the bill, so I made one up!

It helped that I fed this to my mom and sister and they both loved it, so I felt confident posting it and not feeling like too much of a poser. This recipe has all of my favorite elements in it. Enjoy!

Ingredients
-1.5 lb. ground turkey
-1 medium yellow onion, chopped
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1 can mild Rotel
-1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
-1 cup cooked  brown rice
-1 cup favorite cheese, divided
-1 T dried parsley
-1 tsp Italian seasoning
-1/2 tsp garlic salt
-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
-Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey with the chopped onion and minced garlic. Drain.

2. Cook the brown rice according to the directions. If you like al dente rice, I would slightly under cook it because it will go in the oven later.

3. Add in rotel, tomato sauce, rice, and seasonings. Stir to combine and then add half the cheese. Let simmer until heated through.

4. Cut the tops off the peppers and gut them. Spray a glass baking pan and set the peppers in the pan. Fill each pepper to overflowing and put any extra filling in the bottom of the pan. (I don't like to let that delicious filling go to waste!) Top with the rest of the cheese

5. Bake on middle rack for 35-40 min. 

*This recipe is super healthy because of the ground turkey and brown rice and is completely GLUTEN FREE! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment