Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Hi everyone! My zucchini harvest continues to multiply and while I have been giving lots away, I've been enjoying finding ways to hide the zucchini in just about everything. Helps me feed my boys their vegetables. :o) I have several new recipes for you to try. 

(I recently read a blog post about "stealing" people's content from other blogs, sites and so on. I hope that me just posting the link to the recipe and then just posting my picture of how mine turned out and how I adapted it is OK. Let me know if I'm not OK here. The last thing I want to do is step on any toes. You always wonder when you read a post like that if the person is talking about YOU!)

Zucchini-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies

 First: Does everybody have a Silpat? If not, it is a must. I love, love, love mine! It makes cookie baking so easy. Check it out here. It is basically a non-stick, reusable, silicone sheet that you line your baking sheet with for easy cookie removal. And practically NO clean up. It rocks. Seriously.

This recipe was yummy. It was the same consistency as a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie but the added oats really gave them a great texture. I actually added a lot more flour (about 3/4 cup) because of the high altitude. 

And he approves!

A couple other awesome ones I found:

Turkey Zucchini Meatballs: here
(I added shredded carrot and I made them gluten free but substituting ground flax for the bread crumbs it calls for.)

Mom's Zucchini Bread: here
(Thanks for the recipe, Mollie! This really is the best zucchini bread recipe I have tried. Soooo yummy.)

And just something we have tried and loved is to slice the zucchini long-ways, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. Sooooo delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment