Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Today I'm baking all day for a baby shower, listening to the rain, oh and I ate pie and pumpkin cookies for breakfast. Shhhh don't tell. I have been waiting all summer for fall to come and it finally feels that way! I have been obsessed with peaches my whole pregnancy and I am in prego heaven with them being in season now.

We have had a long, bumpy road house hunting, moving, job changes, etc etc this summer and we have had so much help from loved ones so I decided to bake pies yesterday for those that helped.

 I went a little overboard at Allred Orchards. Its on University Avenue for those of you Utah County-ers and I frequent it from about August through November for all my fruit and veggie needs. You should all check it out. I got apples, nectarines and peaches. (Oh and that box was twice as full before I made the pies.) I'm going to have to come up with some more recipes to use all this fruit!

And now, for one of my new FAVORITE pins. I have a hard time with pies. We all know that about me. But I'm always willing to try again. My mom pinned this Paula Deen frozen peach pie filling recipe and I had to try it.
 In the process. (Hint: it makes 6-8 pies worth of filling so plan accordingly, this roast pan was the only thing that would fit all my filling!)

*Please note that a while back I made the decision that I don't do homemade pie crust. I buy the refrigerated kind from the store and it works like a charm, take it from me.
 On the way to deliver! I sprinkled a little brown sugar on top.

The whole process didn't take very long and was nice because I could make a whole bunch at once and on top of that, she give brilliant instructions on how to freeze the filling easily so you can literally throw a pie together at a moment's notice.

When I made it, it made enough filling for about 6 pies (I like to load the filling in.) AND it wasn't watery after it set after baking. I was thrilled.

*I omitted the extra half stick of butter she suggests PER PIE before baking and it still turned out great. I didn't think that was necessary. Especially with me eating it 3 meals a day...;o)

In other news, I've been feeling very inspired as of late with the changing of the seasons and a little more time on my hands now that I'm not working.
 Not only did I get to spend some time with this little one, but she became my model too! haha I made this turban hat for a friend and had to try it on to make sure it fit of course.
 Being twinners with my new best girlfriend.
 Excited to start wearing my infinity scarves and to make lots more. One of my favorite items in my shop!
And finally! I think all this rain and baking is cause for celebration so I'm having a long weekend sale. From now through Saturday, use code FALL20 at checkout in my Etsy shop and receive 20% off everything in my shop! Now is the time to stock up on your warm fall/winter accessories and get baby gifts galore! (I know lots of people having babies soon, I bet you do too!) There is a link to my shop in the side bar of this blog, go check it out!!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment