Search This Blog

Copyright Christina Pendleton 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Grab a Button!

Photobucket
Thursday, August 22, 2013
I think we've all pinned things at one point or another and wondered, "Is this too good to be true?" So I have decided to share with you the worth-while pins that I have tried and felt like they really ARE as easy as they say they are. Aaaaaand for those pins that I have tried and felt were a waste of time (there are many) I will just leave out so as not to offend anyone. :o)

This week there are 3 pins that I wish to showcase:

First:
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies and the secrets to thick, chewy, and soft cookies. By sallysbakingaddiction.com

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies



Our Version

The caption on this pin was "The BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER." Naturally, I was skeptical and had to give it a try. They really did turn out nearly as beautiful as the picture and were just as tasty. Very great recipe.




(This is our finished product, couldn't get a picture from the actual tutorial.)
No-Sew Baby Bow Tie Tutorial

This project was super easy and turned out really cute and required no sewing which was actually really nice. We were able to use scraps that we just had on hand. My sister and I wanted to make some fun accessories for my little man that is on the way and this was the perfect, easy activity.

We even thought it would be really fun for a baby shower: have scraps of fabric and glue guns and let guests make their own gift for the baby boy!

*The only thing we adjusted was that we used clip on earrings glued to the back of the ties instead of velcro so you can just clip them on whatever the babe is wearing instead of having to have a specific onesie he wears them with. We just got the clips at Michaels and they worked like a charm.

And finally:


S'Mores Bars

These were easy and yummy and tasted better than s'mores. We didn't have Hershey's bars so we just used chocolate chips and they were still just as good. We halfed the recipe which made the bars a little thicker than in the picture. I think I would probably not half it next time so that the thickness would be correct.

Enjoy! And happy pinning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment